Shipping containers homes

..lets have it!

Shipping containers homes

Postby Kamam » Sun May 26, 2024 8:17 pm

Hello community! I'm intrigued by the concept of building a home out of shipping containers and am considering this for my next construction project. For those of you who have experience in this area, what are the key considerations for using shipping containers as a living space? I'm interested in topics like thermal insulation, plumbing installation, and zoning challenges. Thanks for your advice!
Kamam

Re: Shipping containers homes

Postby Err » Sun May 26, 2024 8:30 pm

When using shipping containers for homes, it's crucial to consider insulation. These metal boxes can conduct heat and cold more than traditional building materials, so using spray foam or panel insulation can help maintain a comfortable indoor temperature.
Err

Postby Olesh » Sun May 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Thoroughly check local building codes and zoning regulations. Some areas might have restrictions on using shipping containers as building structures, so make sure you're clear on the legalities before diving deep into your project.
Olesh

Postby TRECHER » Sun May 26, 2024 8:55 pm

Great points from both of you! In addition to these considerations, choosing the right type of container is crucial. A 45ft open top container https://pelicancontainers.com/product-c ... containers could be an innovative choice for your home project. These containers offer extra height and open space, making them suitable for creating loft areas or high ceilings, which can add to the aesthetic and functional quality of a container home. Pelicancontainers provides these containers and can customize them to meet specific architectural needs, ensuring your container home is not only compliant with regulations but also tailored to your personal style and comfort.
TRECHER

Return to Welcome